This Vocational Nursing program requires 52 full-time and 72 part-time weeks of attendance days. Students will learn proper patient care, medical terminology, medication administration, body systems, body growth and development, patient care assessment and nursing procedures. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to apply for and take the NCLEX-PN. Successfully passing the NCLEX-PN leads directly to licensure.
- Prepare students to meet basic standards in quality Vocational Nursing;
- Prepare to deliver quality nursing care and function successfully in the health care system in both the long term, acute care and outpatient care environments;
- Prepare students to help meet the current demand for health care providers;
- Prepare students to pass the NCLEX-PN;
- Prepare students to obtain a Vocational Nursing education and become gainfully employed; Program Delivery Residential: Classroom, Skills lab, and Clinical Instruction Completion Requirements
- A student must pass all examinations and course requirements with a final grade of a passing score.
- A student must attend mandatory review course after successful completion of required hours and passing grades for the program. Successful completion of a review course is required for program completion.
- A student must pass an exit exam in order to be considered graduate.
At the completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Function in the delivery of care to clients
- Communicate with clients, client families, and members of the healthcare team
- Perform nursing skills applying critical thinking
- Integrate ethical, professional, legal responsibility and accountability into actions and decisions Assume responsibility for personal and professional growth
- Eligible to apply for and take the board exam. Upon successful passing the board exam, the graduates will apply for certificate by the California Bureau of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians
Get a Free Consultation!
Call Toll Free (855) 487-2211
Visit Angeles College today to learn how to get started.