Founded in 2004, Angeles College has equipped hundreds of students with the skills needed to succeed in the challenging and gratifying field of healthcare. While offering the most up-to-date training in the fastest growing careers, our school is committed to creating a welcoming environment with small class sizes and experienced instructors, ensuring each student has the opportunity to succeed.
The Medical Assistant Program in Los Angeles (http://www.angelescollege.edu/) prepares multi-skilled healthcare professionals qualified to perform administrative and clinical duties and laboratory procedures. The program will be taught through lectures, laboratory and externship training at clinical sites.
• Provide supportive environment that encourages student success in the classroom, the externship site and the job site.
• Use critical thinking to recognize, analyze and solve problems related to administrative, clinical and laboratory procedures.
• Understand policies and regulations related to carrying out administrative, clinical and laboratory duties.
• Help students to develop skills in communication, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving, leading to accurate decision-making.
• Demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skills required for entry-level in Medical Assisting practice.
• Prepare students to work in a variety of settings such as physician offices, clinics, hospitals, public agencies, and volunteer agencies.
• Display professionalism by projecting a positive attitude, working as a team member and showing initiative and responsibility.
• Practice in a legal and ethical manner.
Classroom and Clinical Instruction
A student must pass all examinations and course requirements with a final grade of a passing score.
At the completion of the program, the student will be able to:
• Perform pre-analytical procedures such as specimen collection
• Assist in processing of specimens
• Assist Doctors and Nurses with patient care services
• Perform injections safely with over 70% accuracy
• Safely assist in operating and maintaining diagnostic test equipment
• Demonstrate good understanding of standard and universal precautions
• Assist in minor surgical procedures
The Angeles College Los Angeles Medical Assistant (http://www.angelescollege.edu/Academics/MedAssistant.aspx) program has rolling admission and new classes starting monthly! MA opportunity Scholarships are available to MA program students.
Visit us today to learn how to get started.
Call Toll Free: (855) 487-2211