Angeles College Los Angeles Medical Assistant Program enrollment starting now for January 2015. Medical assisting is one of the nation’s fastest growing careers, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Founded in 2004, Angeles College in Los Angeles has equipped hundreds of students with the skills needed to succeed in the challenging and gratifying field of healthcare. While offering the most up-to-date training in the fastest growing careers, our school is committed to creating a welcoming environment with small class sizes and experienced instructors, ensuring each student has the opportunity to succeed.
Medical assisting is one of the nation’s fastest growing careers, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Medical Assistant Program in Los Angeles
Medical Assistants help physicians examine and treat patients and perform routine tasks to keep offices running smoothly. They answer telephones, greet patients, update and file patient medical records, schedule appointments, arrange for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handle billing and bookkeeping. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_assistant)
Program Enrollment Requirements:
The following documents should be submitted to the school no later than the 1st week of class. It is very important to make every effort to provide them as soon as possible.
1. Entrance Exam (Wonderlic)
2. Copy of Identification & Social Security Card. (Copy of Passport if Foreign Student without Social Security.)
3. Signed Health Report from a physician stating you can participate in the program without any limitations*.
4. Proof of Negative TB Skin test or Chest X-ray prior to start of Externship portion of the program.
5. Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination (or a signed Declination Form).
6. High School Diploma or GED (If schooling was in a foreign country, it needs to be evaluated from AACRO, a Foreign Educated Credentialing Agency.)
Financial Aid & MAOS available to qualified students!
If you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant, get started today with Angeles College Medical Assistant Program 2015 in Los Angeles: (http://angelescollege.edu/Academics/MedAssistant.aspx)
Get a Free Consultation!
Call Toll Free (855) 487-2211
Visit Angeles College today to learn how to get started.